Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Going Home

I had a fleeting thought... It might be cool to get stuck in Amsterdam on the way home from Romania. My mind changed over the course of those two weeks I was gone. I wanted to get home and be with my best friend! I missed him so much! Well, be careful what you wish for. My plane, that I almost didn't make, was delayed a little bit leaving Amsterdam. Then coming into the US at Detroit I had to go through customs again. I was the very last person to get on the plane to Louisville... with 5 minutes to spare. I made it home safely. My luggage did not. I already miss the kids and watching movies with Iza and laughing with Rachel. We had a great time and I can't wait to go back! More pictures can be seen here: share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=1AYuGbRs5cMXgQ



Speaking of going home, a very dear friend of our family went "home" last week. Frank was trying to move a tree that fell on a power line during the storm and the tree fell on him. The common thing that was said about him at the funeral was that he lived his life with a quiet passion. Serving others and not wanting any credit for the work that was done. What a great challenge for the rest of us. He was an incredible man. Please keep the Eickholtz family in your prayers.

1 comment:

Janet said...

Enjoyed the pictures. I'm glad you had the opportunity to go. Love you.