Monday, December 29, 2008

Merry New Year!

Haha!!! Friends and family, its been a while. Sorry for the poor planning on my part (Nate). We started this blog because it was going to be a HUGE fall/winter and then we didn't keep anybody up to date.
I'm sitting here listening to Ruthie's new ipod shuffle and relaxing after getting to see the rest of our family in Illinois. It's good to take a breath and realize how blessed you are. There seems to be a hundred things still to do whether it be at work/home/etc. but ya gotta stop and celebrate.
It was wonderful to see my sister for its been over a year now and no matter how hard you try to be a "tough guy" your heart is not that tough. Iza and Rach never disappoint. Even if we were just sitting on the couch watching a movie in complete silence, the time with them is so fulfilling. I will always wrestle and be in need of God's comfort as i see Rach do Kingdom work but do it so stinkin' far away. That ol' Matthew 28:20 verse is fun to talk about until it really starts to effect you and your household. But there is a deep joy that God is repairing lives and giving hope through such wonderful people.

"A Baker's Dozen"

For a short while i was married to the best donut artist in town! Ruthie helped out a great friend who opened a donut shop and needed a worker from 10pm-2am decorating the next days donuts. She did an amazing job but the ol' hours and due to my pansiness required her to cut back and take the role of "Fill in" person.

"Like Father, Like Son."

It's been a hilarious, sweet, tiring, and joy-filled 10 months working at my home church. Northside has been a great home church and i've come to find out that its also a great place to work at as well. It's also nice having dad there incase i forget my lunch money.
We've gone through a lot of changes in a short amount of time and i'm looking forward to another great year of ministry. Ruthie has done a phenomenal job of supporting me and helping me figure out how to not put ministry first. Her heart is absolutely wonderful.

"Live 2:6"

I've had an amazing opportunity the past year to join with 15 other guys to study the life of Christ with Dr. Dann Spader. Dann is president of Global Youth Initiative www.globalyouthinitiative.com and has trained over 1.5 million people in the life of Christ. This study has literally changed my life. I know i get excited over a lot of things, but this study has changed my life and has changed the way i will do ministry forever. The 2:6 comes from 1 John 2:6, "Whoever claims to live in Him must walk as Jesus walked." It's only Jesus and how He did ministry. If you get a chance, i would love it if you could pray for me and the guys as we meet in Louisville, KY from Jan. 8-10th. We normally meet in Chicago where most of the guys are from, but we're excited to meet down here...plus it won't be so cold!

Well, that's a pretty decent update, if i do say so myself. I hope you're well resting this time of year. God is continuing to do great things and be our hope despite any set back.

And i promise it won't be so long before we update next time.

1 comment:

Janet said...

Happy New Year! Love you both lots. Aunt Janet